Tuesday, February 27, 2007

This Is Where The Heart Is

Earlier today I posted an item about my local football team, then I came aross these details
about the latest hideous incident in Iraq of the mass killings and injuries to children who were playing football.

This is by no means the first incident of attacks upon Iraqi children playing football. There have, of course, been other murders of children at school and in other places. Adults playing football have also been targetted. I dealt with some of these matters some time ago.

There is a great love of football in Iraq. British involvement in developing the port at Basra and in oil and other industries, helped to develop this passion. If terrorism can be ended, football could still turn out to be our best heritage - arising from the tradition I descibed as having arisen in Sheffield.

I hope that this is a matter which (in particular) football fans in this country will reflect upon.

No comments: