Monday, July 20, 2009

At Last

The Committee on Standards in Public Life who are conducting an enquiry into MPs' expenses have finally published the submission I sent to them on June 2nd.

They have received some 682 submissions. At an average of just over one submission per constituency, this is hardly a grand inquest of the nation. Even then, to date the Commission have only got round to publishing a maximum of 214 of these - although in the lists they produce there is some double counting with David Blunkett's submission appearing twice.

The Committee is playing catch up. But what it has published so far about its hearings and the submissions it received can be found via this link. As no one seems to have discussed my proposals, I suppose that is that. But it will allow me to say "I told you so" when things go wrong next time.

No comments: