Wednesday, April 04, 2007

On The Road To Sulaymaniyah

Yesterday (in the item immediately below this one) I recorded a telling experience I had in Arbil in Iraqi Kurdistan a year ago when I met Najim Abd-Jasem, the Iraqi Trade Union leader who has recently been brutally murdered by extremist militia.

The following day our delegation moved by road from Arbil to Sulaymaniah. I posted an item about this some time ago and I have now slightly amended it and made it more reader friendly. As the events it records happened exactly a year ago today, I provide a link to it here. It is called "Another 4th April".

4 comments:

Bill Blunt said...

Hi Harry

I've been really enjoying your accounts of working with trades unionists from Iraq.

I hope you don’t mind being ‘tagged’ to reveal your favourite music.

http://harrymcfryinvestigates.blogspot.com

Keep up the good work!

Thomas Hamburger Jnr

Harry Barnes said...

Thomas,

I am not even sure what it is to be "tagged" for music or anything else. If it means that you can find out what music I listen to via my PC, there is a problem. I need to fix the sound and I am much more likely to listen to music via a radio or CDs - or for Opera via DVDs. But none of these via my PC. I am into some folk music (Johnny Cash, Woody Guthrie etc), some classical (Beethoven, Chopin etc) and some Opera (Wagner, Verdi etc) - although I also hate Wagner for being a fascist pig.

Bill Blunt said...

Hi Harry
It was a new one on me, too!
It seems to be part of the social networking of blogs.
Someone 'tagged' me (you know 'you're it!') and asked me to list the last seven songs or CDs I'd been listening to.
I then get to tag 7 other people who are asked to do the same, and each of them tags another 7 of their favourite bloggers to do the same. I posted about it on Harry McFry on 4 April.
It means new people get to see your blog, which is always a good thing.
Best wishes
THJnr

Harry Barnes said...

Thomas,

It is what some call a "meme" like my "Thinking Blogger Award" which I passed on to these five. If no-one breaks the chain everyone finishes up with one.
http://threescoreyearsandten.blogspot.com/2007/02/five-blogs-plus-ten-others-that-make-me.html